We are committed to protecting your privacy and take our responsibilities regarding the security of your credit card information very seriously.
Navarino Services, our technology partners, provide our online booking capability. When making a booking, your credit card information is sent to Forestdale Hotels Ltd via their secure server. They use the latest, most secure technology available, which encrypts all your personal and credit card details so that your credit or debit card details cannot be read as they travel over the Internet.
Your credit card information is then held in Forestdale Hotels secure database for a period of time to allow us to process your booking. Your credit card data will be held no longer than 30 days after the end of the month of your departure from our hotel. To prevent unauthorised access and use of your information, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your information, as required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998. Your credit card information can only be exchanged between you, Navarino Services, and us.
The Forestdale Hotels Guarantee
The Forestdale Hotels guarantee makes sure that you feel confident when booking accommodation through our site.
Forestdale Hotels Ltd guarantee that every transaction made through Forestdale Hotels server is 100% safe and under their guarantee, you will be reimbursed for the first £50 should your credit card be misused or abused. Legally, the credit card company is obliged to pay the remainder.
Using a credit card may give you additional protection from fraud. Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, if you have a claim against the seller for breach of contract or misrepresentation, you may also have a claim against your credit card issuer. This applies to goods or services costing more than £100 for one item (but less than £30,000), even if you have only used your card to pay a deposit. Further advice can be obtained from your local trading standards department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
In addition, all the major credit card companies, along with IBM, Netscape Communications, and many others, are committed to the continuing development of open standards, in order to further improve the security of online transactions.
In the event of unauthorised use of your credit or debit card, you must notify your credit or debit card issuer in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and take our responsibilities regarding the privacy of you information very seriously. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. This policy explains how we use any information and how we protect your privacy.
Forestdale Hotels provides our online booking capability. When you book using the secure server, your information is sent to Forestdale Hotels Ltd, who offer the use of the best possible and latest secure server software (SSL) available, which encrypts all of your personal details. This means that your information, which includes your name, address, and credit or debit card number, cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
Your information is then held in Forestdale Hotels' secure database for the duration of your stay. Designated employees from our establishment have access to your information in order to process your booking. As required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access and use of your information.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
- We require certain information to allow us to process your hotel booking and notify you of the booking confirmation. When you book, we need to know your name, address and e-mail address, as well as your credit or debit card number and expiry date
- We ask for your telephone number so that both a Forestdale Hotels' customer supports representative and ourselves can contact you if there is a question concerning your reservation
- From time to time we may have special deals that may be of interest to you. Out of respect for your privacy we present the option to opt out of these types of communications.
Surveys & Contests:
- We may request information from our customers via surveys or competitions. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our site. When you enter a competition, we may request information such as your name, contact details and demographic information such as age and postcode
- Participation in these surveys or competitions is voluntary and you have the choice whether or not to disclose this information. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes
- Guests also have the option to subscribe to our newsletter. If so, we ask for contact information such as your name and e-mail address
Forestdale Hotels Ltd never disclose information about guests to any other person or organisation without their consent unless there is an emergency situation that requires it or they are legally required to do so.
In using our website, you consent to the collection and use of this information by us in the ways described above.